Sunday, February 5, 2012

Philip Coppens: The Atheist Religion

One of my favorite thinkers in the area of aliens and philosophies, Philip Coppens, who writes about the religion of atheism, and why, despite the denial of atheists, theirs is a belief system. I'm not a Christian or subscribe to any particular religion -- don't believe in Jesus, for example -- but to say that I'm an atheist is wrong. Very wrong. I've been active in a Buddhist tradition lately, attending functions, etc. and am always about the solitary witchy thing but I'm not religious and I don't believe in a mono-theistic entity, unless you consider universal consciousness, manifested as everything, including us, as "God." And I'll throw in spirits and angels, why not. I've had direct experiences with those to know their reality. The atheists, like Bill Mahr and Ricky Gervais, who Coppens discusses, have the same kind of tunnel vision as religious nuts. While they often make pertinent points about various religions they can't step beyond the obvious: ridiculous rules and interpretations, harmful, violent and fatal behaviors to see that it isn't all about the stupidity and greed of humans. On the case

No comments: