Monday, August 29, 2011

On Brane Space: Pastor Mike Makes the Atheist Blogs!


Pastor Mike wants you! (if you're an atheist) on the National Atheist Registry.
Brane Space: Pastor Mike Makes the Atheist Blogs!

The pastor puts non-believers in the same thought-bubble (don't think of pink elephants) as sex offenders and other loathsome dregs of humanity:
Brothers and Sisters , I have been seriously considering forming a ( Christian ) grassroots type of organization to be named “The Christian National Registry of Atheists” or something similar . I mean , think about it . There are already National Registrys for convicted sex offenders , ex-convicts , terrorist cells , hate groups like the KKK , skinheads , radical Islamists , etc..
He doesn't go so far as suggesting addresses and other "known personal information" should be on the list, but photos "could be." Pastor Mike is truly befuddled as to why anyone would object:

Frankly , I don’t see why anyone would oppose this idea – including the atheists themselves ( unless of course , they’re actually ashamed of their atheist religion , and would prefer to stay in the ‘closet.’ )
So I wonder where I'd fit in? I'm not a Christan, religious Jew, or member of any traditional formal religion. I don't believe in a mono-theistic daddy god in the sky, the divinity of Christ, eternal damnation, purgatory, limbo, or a magical heaven. I am not an agnostic, as in, "Gee, don't know if there's a xian God or not.." but I'm not an atheist either. Richard Dawikns can stuff it. I guess Pastor Mike would consider me a pagan heathen New Age pawn of the Illuminati (sorry Mike, too old and hep for that) but he'd put me on the list anyway no doubt. Because, like all religious nuts, if you don't believe in their system, you're not only out, you're damned. And they'll do all they can to help you get there.

No comments: