Saturday, May 28, 2016

Le Coeur et la Mer by Alley Valkryrie at The Wild Hunt

Beautiful and personal account of meeting "Sara-la-Kali" from Alley Valkryrie, a person I much admire for her openness and activism, as well as her writing. I don't really know Alley personally but we are Facebook "friends" and I met her briefly at the Holiday Market where she was selling her ceramics. (Very nice work too, I bought a cool little dish with a raven which I use on my altar.) (Did I mention she is also an artist?)

Column: Le Coeur et la Mer | The Wild Hunt: I’m being visited by someone, and I have no idea who she is. I have no idea what she wants. But she won’t leave me alone. It all seems very intrusive, frankly.”

“You don’t know who she is?”

“No, and I have no idea where to start.”

“Well, did you ask her who she is?”

No, actually, I hadn’t. Of course. How obvious. And so the next time I caught a glance of her, I demanded to know who she was and what she wanted. That night, she came to me in my dreams and provided plenty of answers. (Alley Valkryrie, The Wild Hunt)

No comments: